Night Shift: Friday-Sunday or Tuesday-Thursday; 6pm-6am. Overtime as directed.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean/sanitary, well-organized surgery area including recovery and treatment areas.
- Clean floors, tables, transfer areas, and recovery rooms before and after surgeries.
- Hose and squeegee floors after surgeries.
- Empty trash and recycling.
- Assist with properly placing patients on tables for surgical procedures, specific to each surgeon’s specifications.
- Clip and prepare patients’ surgical sites.
- Assist with surgeries.
- Clean instruments and prepare surgical packs for sterilization.
- Know locations of all surgical packs.
- Assist with restocking of medication, supply cabinets and surgery suites.
- Maintain laundry.
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs and progress as well as administering medications and treatments timely and accurately.
- Maintaining accurate patient charts, documenting observations and proper interpretation of veterinarian instructions.
- Providing hay, feed and water to patients as directed.
- Assisting veterinarians with procedures as directed.
- Maintaining appropriate stock of medical supplies in barn areas.
- Maintaining clean and sanitary barn offices and treatment areas.
- Assisting in answering after hours phone calls when necessary and assisting clients.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs.
- Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs
- Equine experience: handling, mares and foals.
- Excellent communicator.