Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4pm (5/6pm during season).
Overtime as directed.
Occasional weekends required.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Holds/restrains horses for examinations, x-rays, and treatments.
- Performs treatments ordered by the veterinarian.
- Maintains patient medical records and other documents (such as billing, reports, and charts).
- Collects medical history of patient and documents in chart.
- Maintains a clean/sanitary and well-organized work/service area (vehicle).
- Restocks the Veterinarian’s vehicle with all medical equipment, drugs, and supplies.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs
- Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs
- Equine experience
- Excellent communicator