Full-Time, benefited position: Night Shift: Friday-Monday or Tuesday-Thursday; 6pm-6am. Overtime as directed.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Holds and restrains horses for pre- and post-operative examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Performs treatments as ordered by the Veterinarian.
- Completes medical records and other documents such as billing, reports, and charts for patients, as directed by the Veterinarian.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and well-organized work/service area (Veterinarian’s vehicle).
- Restocks the Veterinarian’s vehicle with all medical equipment, drugs, and supplies.
- Assists with surgeries and anesthesia.
- Assists with x-ray procedures.
- May act as the primary or relief driver for the Veterinarian.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs
- Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs
- Equine experience
- Excellent communicator
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record