Medicine Veterinary Assistant
Four shifts available:
- Saturday-Wednesday, 7:30am-3:30pm
- Thursday-Sunday, 3:30pm-11:30pm
- Monday-Friday, 11:30pm-7:30am
- Wednesday-Sunday, 11:30pm-7:30am
Skills/Responsibilities Required: The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs and progress as well as administering medications and treatments timely and accurately.
- Maintaining accurate patient charts, documenting observations, and proper interpretation of veterinarian instructions.
- Providing hay, feed and water to patients as directed.
- Assisting veterinarians with procedures as directed.
- Maintaining appropriate stock of medical supplies in barn areas.
- Maintaining clean and sanitary barn offices and treatment areas.
- Assisting in answering after hours phone calls directing calls to area leaders when necessary and assisting clients.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs.
- Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs.
- Equine experience: handling, mares, and foals.
- Excellent communicator.