Full-Time, benefited position: July – December: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.; January – June: Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide primary phone support for Surgery barns for movement of patients to and from surgical facility.
- Dispatch barn staff (via radio) to locations of patient as requested from surgical facility.
- Perform morning census of Surgery barns confirming all current patients and their locations.
- Monitor department cameras for client/patient arrivals and departures.
- Notify barn staff of client arrivals (via radio) for loading and unloading.
- Enter client/patient information into computer database promptly and accurately.
- Confirm accuracy of intended procedure to be performed on patients.
- Dispatch recovery tech’s (via radio) pre- and post-surgery to surgical facility as requested.
- Confirm all surgeons’ patients have arrived for the day.
- Review post-surgery reports for accuracy.
- Monitor recovery room video for efficiency and safety.
- Review sales reports during sales season for accuracy.
- Maintain clean and orderly Surgery barn office area.
- Assist with maintaining appropriate stock of departmental office supplies.
- Report any required repairs to appropriate personnel.
- Greet and assist clients and visitors.
- Capable of multi-tasking and utilizing multi-line phone system.
- Excellent computer skills - proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Efficient typing skills.
- Medical terminology and knowledge of the Equine and Thoroughbred Industries a plus.
- Excellent Customer Service skills necessary.
- Organizational skills
- Effective communicator
- Innovative, motivated, pleasant personality
- Ability to lift more than 10 lbs
- Cisco Phone system
- Hand-held Radio
- Fax machine, Copier