Day Shift. Hours and schedules are variable; weekends required. Overtime as directed.
Seasonal, fulltime, position starting January 2022 through June 2022.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain appropriate stock of medical supplies in work vehicle.
• Maintain accurate patient charts, document observations, and properly interpret veterinary instructions.
• Set up for basic procedures.
• Assist veterinarians with procedures as directed.
• Able to read and work/type on a computer while in a moving vehicle.
• Maintain clean workspace, including, but not limited to: vacuuming and cleaning vehicle interior and veterinary equipment.
• Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
• Assists others as needed.
• Special projects and additional duties as directed by the supervisor(s), veterinarian(s) or a member of management.
• Assist with scheduling appointments and coordinating joint appointments with referring veterinarians.
• Assist with client communication.
• Excellent horse handling skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Legible handwriting
• Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs.
• Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs
• Equine experience
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communicator
• A valid driver’s license