Schedule: Day Shift; multiple shifts available.
Thursday - Monday, 7am-4pm; Saturday - Wednesday, 7am-4pm
Overtime as directed.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hold/restrain horses for pre-operative and post-operative examinations, x-rays and treatments.
- Assist with induction and recovery of patients in preparation for and following surgery.
- Assist other personnel i.e., technicians as needed with patient handling.
- Groom patients as needed and all horses prior to being discharged.
- Assist with euthanasia of patient.
- Maintain appropriate stock of feed, hay and straw.
- Follow disinfecting and all other infectious disease procedures as defined by the Hagyard Infectious Disease Protocol.
- Assist with Cleaning and re-bedding stalls.
- Keep shed rows swept and clear of debris.
- Assist with Trailer Loading and unloading of patients.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs.
- Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs.
- Equine experience
- Excellent communicator