Full-Time, benefited position:
Thursday – Monday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. Overtime as directed.
Full-Time, benefited position; Monday - Friday
Weekend and holiday rotation required.
Essential Responsibilities: The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the pharmacist(s), under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Completes tasks assigned, overseen, and checked by the supervising pharmacist(s).
- Assists the pharmacist(s) with order-entry, compounding, and labeling prescriptions.
- Compounds with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Compounds non-sterile preparations e.g. oral solutions and suspensions, capsules, creams, ointments.
- Assists other pharmacy technicians.
- Assists pharmacist(s) in maintaining workflow.
- Maintains a clean/sanitary and well-organized work/service area at all times.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, theories, rules, regulations, laws, policy, and procedures that pertain to dispensing and compounding.
- Be a self-starter and take the required initiative to perform all tasks successfully.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from doctors, other staff, and clients.
- At least one year of pharmacy experience required.
- Must keep CPhT certification.
- Compounding Certification preferred.
- Must keep CEs up to date.
- Non-sterile compounding experience preferred.
- Experience with computers preferred.
- Must be able to sit, walk, and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to sit/stand in front of a computer for long periods of time.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.