Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7am – 3pm, Overtime as directed.
Skills/Responsibilities Required: The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Patient Admissions/Procedures Area:
- Prepares and sets up necessary equipment and supplies in advance for emergency and non-emergency procedures.
- Organizes and coordinates for outpatient services for ophthalmology and medicine doctors.
- Oversees equipment maintenance to include endoscopes, ultrasound machines, CRI pumps, ophthalmology, and radiology equipment located in the medicine department.
- Greets and assist clients with inpatient and outpatient admissions including unloading and loading of horse onto trailer.
- Assists doctor(s) and medicine staff during inpatient and outpatient admission procedures which includes horse handling, and radiographs.
Exam Room Responsibilities:
- Prepares procedures area for scheduled appointments.
- Maintain cleanliness and properly disinfects procedures area including outpatient and knock down stalls.
- Sterilize equipment to include re-usable tubing/supplies daily and prep containers weekly.
- Assists with Cold Sterilization (Cidex®).
- Ensures adequate stock of procedures area and procedure room carts daily.
- Maintains proper working function and cleanliness of equipment within medicine facility.
- Maintains service log and service contracts on medicine facility equipment.
- Prepares equipment for repairs to include obtaining authorization for repair(s), preparing purchase orders, packaging, shipping, and obtaining replacement equipment if indicated.
Infectious Disease Control/Surveillance (IDC)
- Refill NDC® and Rescue® bottles throughout facility.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining ICU and Isolation barn boot cabinets.
- Update Safety Data Sheets and inform staff of any significant updates.
- Maintain appropriate labeling of cleaning/sterilizing containers.
- Sterilize fluid ropes and hospital accessory equipment as indicated by patient location/status.
Miscellaneous including Blood Donor Herd
- Manage herd health of Hagyard blood donor herd to include annual blood testing, i.e., Coggins, vaccinations, deworming, podiatry care, etc.
- Coordinate and administer any/all necessary medical care to donor herd.
- Ensure all stalls have appropriate fluid lines and stall tools (feed buckets, grooming tools, etc.)
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs and restrain up to 1,200 lbs
- Equine experience (including handling mare & foals) required.
- General computer & Microsoft Office Programs knowledge a must.
- Excellent communicator.