Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am - 5 p.m.; overtime as needed/required to meet deadlines
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordinate and complete the following tasks timely, efficiently and accurately adhering to local and corporate timelines and policy requirements:
- Maintaining accurate filing of payables documents and support of physical files and vendor maintenance.
- Match invoices with purchase orders, obtain and verify appropriate approvals and pricing with local team.
- Key large volume of invoices in payables system for weekly check processing and edit review.
- Accurately code invoices to appropriate company systems.
- Maintain local company credit card expense reports ensuring proper approvals, documentation, and processing in corporate Concur payables system.
- Process monthly employee corporate expense report transactions timely providing all supporting documentation and approvals keying in Concur system including monthly mileage and phone reimbursements.
- Review and edit of weekly check runs adhering to corporate deadlines.
- Create and maintain schedules and analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Cross train and oversight of multiple company payables processes and coordination with accounting support staff.
- Obtain W-9’s as needed from vendors prior to payment.
- Assist as needed with preparation of annual 1099’s and corporate 1096.
- Communicate with various corporate team members to ensure timely processing of company expenditures.
- Ability to train and oversee accounts payable functions.
- Reconcile monthly Accounts payable subledgers as required to adhere to month end close timelines and analysis requirements Including but not limited to: Accounts payable working with Receiving and purchasing to clear PO’s. Manage credits receivable and ensure proper recording of inventory.
- Provide monthly expense analysis summaries to local and corporate teams.
- Assist with monthly expense analysis providing details and monthly quarterly and annual summaries for review and budgeting purposes.
- Maintain and update purchasing policies and authorizations providing recommendations and update as needed to stay up to date with corporate policies.
- Keep up to date on Sales and use tax requirements to accurately accrue on vendor transactions.
- Other administrative support and account analysis, as needed.
- Additional projects and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Accounts payable experience required
- Purchase order and accounts payable systems knowledge required
- Experience with Great Plains, Concur preferred
- Understanding of accounts payable and general ledger systems preferred
- Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with vendors and internal teams
- Ability to multitask and key large volumes daily
- Organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Effective communicator
- Detail oriented
- Intermediate math skills
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Equine knowledge helpful